Wat drink je vandaag of wat heb je gisteren gedronken...

Deel hier je ervaringen van de cognacs die je recent zelf hebt geproefd.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Re: Wat drink je vandaag of wat heb je gisteren gedronken...

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Yes. I should have looked harder for a bar and try a shot of this first. Trouble is that no bars here carries this bottle. I guess bartenders got tired of patrons kept getting into arguments with them over their disappointments with this brandy. Personally, I was essentially deceived by over-positive activist reviews. And the lesson is indeed painful. Both in my pocketbook and my body :|
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

I know the feeling. The same thing happened to me more than once with whisky and cognac. You learn the hard way.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Yes. Us trailblazers, so others can avoid making the mistakes. Some one had to take the plunge :mrgreen: That's why this forum is so great for aficionados.
Hans
Cognac Connaisseur
Cognac Connaisseur

Bericht door Hans »

Fuzhou schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 07:09 Germain Robins XO

An American brandy.

Tasting note: Painful. No, not that the liquid was abrasive, but I am hurting from the bruises caused by me kicking myself so hard for spending $120 usd on this bottle; that I believe barely qualifies to compete in any French brandy VSOP lineups. The ‘XO’ designation does not belong on this label.
Well, Fuzhou. Thank you for sharing your painfull learning experience with us. By means of therapy I recommend opening a good bottle of old Grande Champagne cognac. Allways works for me. :D
Als mensen wisten hoe gezond cognac is, zouden ze zich dood drinken - P. H. Malmsten (Zweeds hoogleraar geneeskunde 1811-1883)

Le cognac, c'est la liqueur des dieux - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Beschreven cognacs
Cognac boeken
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ton »

I would have expected more from this brandy. Germain-Robin is an offspring of the famous Robin family (Jules Robin) that went bankrupt after WW-II. He emigrated to the States to start anew. Very sad story, but I believe they have been collaborating with the Germans.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Ton schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 10:40 I would have expected more from this brandy. Germain-Robin is an offspring of the famous Robin family (Jules Robin) that went bankrupt after WW-II. He emigrated to the States to start anew. Very sad story, but I believe they have been collaborating with the Germans.
Yes Ton. It’s sad that they squandered away this legendary name into such mediocrity.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Hans schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 10:39
Fuzhou schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 07:09 Germain Robins XO

An American brandy.

Tasting note: Painful. No, not that the liquid was abrasive, but I am hurting from the bruises caused by me kicking myself so hard for spending $120 usd on this bottle; that I believe barely qualifies to compete in any French brandy VSOP lineups. The ‘XO’ designation does not belong on this label.
Well, Fuzhou. Thank you for sharing your painfull learning experience with us. By means of therapy I recommend opening a good bottle of old Grande Champagne cognac. Allways works for me. :D

Great advice Han. I have just the answer for it. Daniel Bouju Tres Vieux Brut de Fur 50% abv. There is no pain that this baby wouldn’t fix. :lol:
Bijlagen
D7CE7774-79D7-4CC6-AD10-8B15BFDDEE10.jpeg
D7CE7774-79D7-4CC6-AD10-8B15BFDDEE10.jpeg (146.08 KiB) 1660 keer bekeken
EelcoA
volledige moderator
volledige moderator

Bericht door EelcoA »

Hi Fuzhou, I also read the raving reviews on Germain Robbins (mostly from the States) and have spent quite some time searching the net to get hold of a bottle against a reasonable price with shipping to the Netherlands (not so easy). Your review saves me a lot of time and probaby money not that well spent… Thanks for doing the dirty job! :)
Hans
Cognac Connaisseur
Cognac Connaisseur

Bericht door Hans »

Fuzhou schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 18:03 Great advice Han. I have just the answer for it. Daniel Bouju Tres Vieux Brut de Fur 50% abv. There is no pain that this baby wouldn’t fix. :lol:
Couldn't agree more, as you can read in my review of this cognac! Enjoy! :D
Als mensen wisten hoe gezond cognac is, zouden ze zich dood drinken - P. H. Malmsten (Zweeds hoogleraar geneeskunde 1811-1883)

Le cognac, c'est la liqueur des dieux - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Beschreven cognacs
Cognac boeken
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

EelcoA schreef: do 23 mei 2019, 20:13 Hi Fuzhou, I also read the raving reviews on Germain Robbins (mostly from the States) and have spent quite some time searching the net to get hold of a bottle against a reasonable price with shipping to the Netherlands (not so easy). Your review saves me a lot of time and probaby money not that well spent… Thanks for doing the dirty job! :)
Anything for my cognac (journey) brothers :)
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Wat heb je vandaag of gisteren gedronken?”