Tequila, anyone?

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
Plaats reactie
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Tequila, anyone?

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Tequila Anejo Rio De Plata. 40% abv.

Found this in the back of the liquor cabinet. This one was opened for many years. I got it in the very beginning as I experimented with spirits. I bought this bottle on a major discount. It was cheap because there seemed to be a leak somewhere; however, as time went by, that leak seemed to have stopped after I took position of it. The bottle doesn't seem to have depleted at all since I last left it.

Cheers on a mild smoky San Francisco afternoon. Pray that the forest fires subside.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Re: Tequila, anyone?

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Rio De Plata
Bijlagen
3994C5FC-E619-4E69-83F7-55A7C17C6B5E.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Tequila Tapatío Excelencia. Comes in a simple 1 liter bottle. No fancy packaging.

Ages 5 years in oak, and then 10 years in demijons. If spirits don’t improve in glass, then they must be doing this to mellow it out some.

On the palate: caramel, vanilla, oaky, banana, and thyme. Don’t try to light it, it won’t burn. This is smooth stuff.

It’s not the most expensive tequila I’ve bought before, but definitely the most I have paid and ended up owning and drinking it. And the purchase was based solely on the recommendation of the store owner. I don’t know tequilas, so am not sure of the value/cost dynamics of it, but this is the one I like the most, and this I know.
Bijlagen
6AFD209B-1DF8-4DDA-B911-18BA8B6B079D.jpeg
Hans
Cognac Connaisseur
Cognac Connaisseur

Bericht door Hans »

Fuzhou schreef: do 27 aug 2020, 06:32 I don’t know tequilas, so am not sure of the value/cost dynamics of it, but this is the one I like the most, and this I know.
And that imho is by far the most important to know, not only in tequilas ;)
Als mensen wisten hoe gezond cognac is, zouden ze zich dood drinken - P. H. Malmsten (Zweeds hoogleraar geneeskunde 1811-1883)

Le cognac, c'est la liqueur des dieux - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Beschreven cognacs
Cognac boeken
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

That is so true Hans. Cheers.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

HACIENDA DE CHIHUAHUA SOTOL REPOSADO 38% abv

Now, just before you start thinking I paid too much for that wooden crate; pay attention to the label. This bottle from Chihuahua was distill from agave harvested in the wild. Can it really taste better than farmed agave? Maybe they put it in that crate to tell us it is.
Bijlagen
Tequila Sotol
Tequila Sotol
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Vanavond even iets anders dan cognac of bier: tequila, meer bepaald El Conde Azul. Niet direct mijn ding, hoor. Pfoeh. Ik had eerder al eens een tequila gedronken, een El Amo premium reposado. Die beviel mij wel bijzonder goed.
Bijlagen
el conde azul.jpg
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Net het laatste (bomvolle) glas ingeschonken van deze tequila: El Conde Azul. Helemaal niet mijn ding. Dit heeft een heel bizarre smaak. Niet specifiek slecht of zo, maar ik heb precies vloeibare kauwgom in mijn glas. Weet je, van die 'bazooka' kauwgom van vroeger. Ik ben zeer benieuwd naar een Mezcal. Vooral dan een Tobalà of een Tepeztate, maar van wat ik zo kan lezen kunnen mezcals nogal rokerig zijn. En ik hou niet meer van dat rokerige. Heeft iemand hier enige ervaring met mezcal?
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
JessieJim1
Cognac VS
Cognac VS

Bericht door JessieJim1 »

Ik hou ook niet van de smaak van tequila.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”