Het grote Whisky Topic!

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
Pellie
Cognac XO
Cognac XO

Re: Het grote Whisky Topic!

Bericht door Pellie »

Ik vind die Old Pulteneys altijd maar van die 'slappe' whiskies. Geen body!!
Ric325i
Cognac VS
Cognac VS

Bericht door Ric325i »

Ik heb momenteel open staan:
Benriach Authenticus 25 jaar
Talisker 25 jaar
Glen Garioch 17 jaar
Glen Garioch 15 jaar
Balblair 12 jaar
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Ik ben mijn collectie aan het reduceren. Ik heb recent nog flessen verkocht. Ik heb op dit moment nog een Lagavulin 21yo (oude versie) open staan, een Laphroaig 30yo, Clynelish 1989 TWA Insects, Karuizawa 1986 cask 7387, Clynelish 1982 MoS cask 5895, Aultmore 12yo, Deanston Virgin Oak, Port Ellen 7th release en een Talisker 25yo 2007.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
wouger
Cognac VS
Cognac VS

Bericht door wouger »

Mijn whisky collectie word ook kleiner, maar heb de volgende open.

Ben Nevis 1996 Arc, Leidag 1993 cQs, Ledaig 1997 MoS,
A distillery in ireland 2003 CWC, Spica 1997 NSS,
Aultmore 2006 Hisp, Laphroig Quarter Cask, Big Peat cristmas edition DL, Penderyn ex paolo cortado sherry cask, Kilchoman 2006, Knockado 21 year.

En dan nog 24 dichte flessen voornamelijk Ben Nevis vind ik lekker.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Switching to whiskey today.

Macallan 12 years

The best value in the bunch.
Bijlagen
Macallan 12
Macallan 12
Macallan 12
Macallan 12
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Macallan 10 years old Fine Oak, 40% abv

Used to be the little brother of the Macallan lineup. Didn’t pay too much attention to it. But ‘supply-and-demand’ is making this a $200 bottle. My goodness.

https://www.vickersliquors.com/products ... 0-year-old
Bijlagen
Macallan 10, Fine Oak
Macallan 10, Fine Oak
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Personally, I've never been a big fan of Macallan whisky. I thinks it's very overpriced for what is tastes like. They have a very very good marketing team though.

EDIT: sorry, I just read that you paid 200 $ for this bottle ? ? :o :o :o Holy shit ! Around here you'd pay between 75 - 80 Euro and even that is too much IMHO.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: di 24 mar 2020, 22:21 Personally, I've never been a big fan of Macallan whisky. I thinks it's very overpriced for what is tastes like. They have a very very good marketing team though.

EDIT: sorry, I just read that you paid 200 $ for this bottle ? ? :o :o :o Holy shit ! Around here you'd pay between 75 - 80 Euro and even that is too much IMHO.
Actually I didn't. I paid $30 usd about 5 years ago. I wanted to get a case that day, thinking it's six bottles. But the clerk told me it was a 12 bottle case. I didn't want to have so many of the 'not so very good' whisky, so I took 3 bottles instead. Got out of the store under $100 including tax.

The link I've attached is something I just saw online recently. Had I known it would get that expensive, I would have taken the case; maybe two. But you are right about one thing. Macallan prices had gone up across the board, with some bottles approaching absurd prices. I haven't try the new 18 year sherry cask, but some said that it tasted different than before.
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Well, if you really wanted to cash in on Macallan whisky you should have bought the sherry oak editions and not this new range of fine oak editions. The prices of these sherry oak bottles are just ridiculous. And 15 to 20 years ago you could get these bottles in our local supermarket for almost less than nothing.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: vr 27 mar 2020, 10:12 Well, if you really wanted to cash in on Macallan whisky you should have bought the sherry oak editions and not this new range of fine oak editions. The prices of these sherry oak bottles are just ridiculous. And 15 to 20 years ago you could get these bottles in our local supermarket for almost less than nothing.
That’s very true. I remembered buying the Yamasaki 12 year old for $45.99, and Kirkland Macallan 18 years old bottle from Costco at $79.99. Those were the good days before the whiskey craze gone totally wild. Maybe now is the time to load up on cognacs, as it should be time for this brown spirit to take a turn.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”