Het grote Whisky Topic!

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Re: Het grote Whisky Topic!

Bericht door JohanB »

Goh, ik heb ooit eens een WIP II gekocht en dat was toen idd nog een 'work in progress'. Ik heb die gekocht in 2012 en later nooit meer een fles aangeschaft. Dan heb je de laatste release of zo gekocht, want als ik me niet vergis zijn ze in 2004 begonnen met distilleren.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Pellie
Cognac XO
Cognac XO

Bericht door Pellie »

WIP 2 is nog niet zo bijzonder, die is 6yo. WIP 4 daarentegen is 8yo, maar elke keer als ik die drink, denk ik dat ik een 18yo drink. Dat vind ik de beste WIP. Deze 16yo is ook erg fijn en volwassen. Ik hou er van.
Btw: ik heb alle WIP's nog in huis staan.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Goodbye 2020! Hello 2021!!!
Bijlagen
D4C54A34-D5E2-4F6D-8679-69A50FFFC706.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Gordon & MacPhail 'George & J.G.Smith's' Glenlivet 21 Year Old.

Holy moly, I have no idea this bottle is now worth 7 times more; For a second label!

https://www.juuls.dk/produkter/spiritus ... t-21-years
Bijlagen
25116A7B-AD9A-4793-B4B4-7D4F3FABC225.jpeg
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

WOW, that's a rare bottling nowadays. On whiskyauction.com these bottles sell for around 200 € or less now. Which is a steal IMHO, compared to the 21yo OB.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: vr 22 jan 2021, 22:11 WOW, that's a rare bottling nowadays. On whiskyauction.com these bottles sell for around 200 € or less now. Which is a steal IMHO, compared to the 21yo OB.
I haven’t try the original brand 21 yo. But this bottle is fantastic. It’s complex and layered. Definitely a well deserved recognition. I am in the process of finishing one that I opened some years ago. It is still delicious, and seem to oxidize quite well.
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

I've tasted the 21yo OB (this one https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whi ... 1-year-old ) and I rated it 92/100. It was on a whiskyfestival and I must admit that the very first one was a Brora 3rd release 30yo OB. That is along with the Lagavulin 25yo OB (previous edition) the best whisky I've ever tasted. I actually thought the Springbank 21yo would be of the same level but it wasn't, for me.
But in general Springbank whiskies, especially the older editions, cost a fokking fortune and sometimes the price/quality ratio sucks.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: di 26 jan 2021, 13:20 I've tasted the 21yo OB (this one https://www.whiskybase.com/whiskies/whi ... 1-year-old ) and I rated it 92/100. It was on a whiskyfestival and I must admit that the very first one was a Brora 3rd release 30yo OB. That is along with the Lagavulin 25yo OB (previous edition) the best whisky I've ever tasted. I actually thought the Springbank 21yo would be of the same level but it wasn't, for me.
But in general Springbank whiskies, especially the older editions, cost a fokking fortune and sometimes the price/quality ratio sucks.
I agree. Spring bank prices are obscene. You got me interested in the Glenlivet OB now. How would you say it compares to the Gordon MacPhail? Taste wise, are they similar, or did the Gordon MacPhail cellar conditions created a completely different product?
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Fuzhou schreef:You got me interested in the Glenlivet OB now.
Glenlivet? I'm not a big fan of Glenlivet. I think it's way to 'casual' and commercial taste wise. Maybe the older bottlings are less commercial than the new ones.
And since GM has changed the shape of their bottles and their labels, prices have increase significantly.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: wo 27 jan 2021, 13:39
Fuzhou schreef:You got me interested in the Glenlivet OB now.
Glenlivet? I'm not a big fan of Glenlivet. I think it's way to 'casual' and commercial taste wise. Maybe the older bottlings are less commercial than the new ones.
And since GM has changed the shape of their bottles and their labels, prices have increase significantly.
:lol: The new and improved bottling usually means better quality; maybe, but higher prices; yes most certainly.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”