Het grote Whisky Topic!

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Re: Het grote Whisky Topic!

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Glengoyne 15 year old. 43% abv

No peat, no coloring, oaky, vanilla, balanced. Only two years less of the 17 year old, but tastes a great deal shorter.
Bijlagen
E169E330-1DB3-4CBD-9AF7-165C53A323F3.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Glengoyne 18 year old. 43% abv

Robbie Hughes Distillery Manager

This dram replaced the 17 year olds.

Unpeated. Natural color. This elegant golden hue derived from 18 years of maturation, and influenced by the sherry cask.

Glengoyne’s distillation process is identical to that of the Macallan. From the golden promise barley to the Jerez sherry cask. So one would assume that they should also taste the same right? Well, maybe. It’s been too long since I’ve had the Macallan 18. I will have to do a side by side in order to say that definitively.

Rich, complex, and fruity.

Medium finish.
Bijlagen
1F4DEE7C-727E-4833-94A9-40ED3B9AC370.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Oban 14 year old. 43% abv.

Sea salt influence is present. Gently peaty.

Interesting fact: The town which Oban distillery is situated is named after the distillery. So before Oban arrived, the town was nameless :lol:
Bijlagen
142E27AE-0095-46DB-9F5A-B5CF9FD5AC40.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Tobermory Distillery 18 year old Alexander Murray

40% abv. Looks like no color added. Unpeated.

Hint of sea salt. Okay. Smooth.

Interesting fact: the Tobermory’s own house bottle 18 year old is 46.3% abv. Looks like someone was holding back alittle ;)
Bijlagen
1C7E70BE-3E10-4FAE-9AA9-1A12BD63191D.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Talisker 10 years old. 45% abv

Being the only single malt scotch from the Isle of Skye, they are in an unique position to define their product however they want. And I like it.

Sweet on the palate. Just enough smoke. The taste is quite robust, lingering on in the mouth. No burn at all. Surprisingly it’s only a 10 year old.
Bijlagen
39EB54CD-169D-47A7-BEE2-E465A0B58061.jpeg
8670F6BD-BBEF-454B-AB93-EAADE24FCAE4.jpeg
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ton »

I agree, affordable and good!
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Fuzhou schreef: Talisker 10 years old. 45% abv

Being the only single malt scotch from the Isle of Skye, they are in an unique position to define their product however they want. And I like it.

Sweet on the palate. Just enough smoke. The taste is quite robust, lingering on in the mouth. No burn at all. Surprisingly it’s only a 10 year old.
Is this a recent edition of the 10yo? I know Talisker had problems to meet the demand of the market and they started to bottle NAS editions and once they had enough suply to bottle a 10yo again I felt that the flavour had changed. I bought only one of their NAS editions (Skye I believe it was) and it tasted so young that I think it must have been 5 or 6 years old, no more. Crap single malt that I never bought again.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: zo 29 nov 2020, 16:15
Fuzhou schreef: Talisker 10 years old. 45% abv

Is this a recent edition of the 10yo? I know Talisker had problems to meet the demand of the market and they started to bottle NAS editions and once they had enough suply to bottle a 10yo again I felt that the flavour had changed. I bought only one of their NAS editions (Skye I believe it was) and it tasted so young that I think it must have been 5 or 6 years old, no more. Crap single malt that I never bought again.
I believe this one is from a while ago. I have a couple more in gift boxes with free glasses. I know those are from few years ago. Looks like I am going to hang on to these.
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

So would I if I were you. I thought that the older 10yo was better than the more recent version.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Pellie
Cognac XO
Cognac XO

Bericht door Pellie »

Gisteren de Kilkerran 16yo gedronken. Altijd al fan geweest van deze distilleerderij, heb ook bijna alle flessen vanaf het begin in huis staan, maar nu helemaal overtuigd. Heerlijke, makkelijk drinkende whisky zoals whisky hoort te zijn. Fruitig, een beetje waxig en een vleugje turf.
Aanrader!!
Bijlagen
20201224_132238.jpg
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”