Wat drink je vandaag of wat heb je gisteren gedronken...

Deel hier je ervaringen van de cognacs die je recent zelf hebt geproefd.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Re: Wat drink je vandaag of wat heb je gisteren gedronken...

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Yes Ton. I have. I've had the pleasure to try their lineup XO and above. I am working my way back to Reserve Speciale just recently. Memorial was the one that got me started with Cognac Audry. That is one amazing cognac. It's got to be one of the most under-rated cognac on the market today. I am not finding any other current productions that would come close to it's taste profile in that cost bracket.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Maybe the Ragnaud-Sabourin Fontevieille #35 come close to quality and value.
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ton »

And the Ragnaud-Sabourin Florilège too. But like you, I think I like the Mémorial better.
Coming close is l'Exigence of Delaunay. Sadly you have to be lucky to be able to buy one...
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Yes indeed. Unfortunately those bottles are far and few between state side. You have all the great stuff on the other side of the pond.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

A fantastic cognac that I had opened a while back. It's still bursting with scent of wildflowers. Notes of honey. Can smell this cognac from clear across the room. Oaky. 43% Abv. Can anyone tell me if this is also the same juice that Hennessey puts in their Paradis Extra?
IMG_20180726_162655.jpg
IMG_20180726_162655.jpg (197.06 KiB) 1685 keer bekeken
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ton »

Davidoff is now produced by Hine. I could not tell you if this is an old Hennessy produced bottle or already a Hine one.
I have not had the pleasure of tasting this one. I once had a bottle of Davidoff XO though. Very good stuff, but a little too sweet for my taste. I brought it to a cognac tasting event with some people and afterwards I sold what was left of it - about half a bottle - to someone who wanted it; he is still telling people how much he liked it.

I would not now if they put the same stuff in the Davidoff Extra as in the Hennessy Paradis Extra, but I would be highly surprised...

Nice glass by the way!
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Thanks Ton. I agree with you. It's probably not very likely to be the Paradis Extra even if it were made by Hennessey. At least not the exact juice. It had just occurred to me that the Abv. was 3% higher in the Davidoff. And although Hennessey's Paradis Extra comes in a decanter and fancier packaging, it did cost twice at the time of this bottling. I guess I was just wishful thinking :) . Besides, the Davidoff Extra was more likely blended to complement a cigar, whereas the Hennessey, as I've read about them, was probably too delicate for it.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

An opened bottle that had been sitting for a while.

Maybe the secret to perpetual gratification is to find joy in coming back to re-taste some of the more elementary bottles every now and then.
IMG_20180731_185703.jpg
IMG_20180731_185703.jpg (181.66 KiB) 1684 keer bekeken
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Today, I am drinking Paul Beau VSOP. Good stuff. Packs some heat. Hor d'age will for sure be much greatly appreciated again when am done with tasting these more austere bottles.
IMG_20180801_193518.jpg
IMG_20180801_193518.jpg (182.83 KiB) 1683 keer bekeken
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Wat heb je vandaag of gisteren gedronken?”